ALWU will undertake research and produce reports and other resources to inform and assist with making changes in the legal profession.
In the interim, a range of reports and surveys are available that set out the nature and extent of the challenges facing our profession and a roadmap to its future. They include:
- Josh Pemberton’s paper First Steps: the Experiences and Retention of New Zealand’s Junior Lawyers.
- The New Zealand Law Society’s Workplace Survey.
- Dame Margaret Bazley’s Independent Review of Russell McVeagh.
- Niche Consulting’s Legal Salary Survey 2018.
- The report of the New Zealand Law Society’s Working Group on sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination and other inappropriate workplace behaviour within the legal profession.